Play Crazy Eights Online
Crazy Eights is a shedding-type card game for 2 or more players. It is responsible for the origin of countless other card games of the same genre, such as Uno, Mau Mau, and Switch. The goal of the game is to be the first to discard all of your cards.
Crazy 8s is a popular card game played all over the world. It is really easy to grasp and the fun is guaranteed.
You can play it online on our social gaming platform against real players, completely for free.
Free Crazy Eights
Now you can play Crazy Eights online for free and find many other enthusiasts of the game.
The exciting part is that most of the time you are going to have a lot of fun while doing it! The game follows a simple, yet an exciting concept that makes the gameplay quick and fluid.
Learn how to play crazy 8s and take a look at the game rules and additional tips.
How to play Crazy 8
Being a shedding-type card game, the main goal of Crazy 8s is to get rid of all cards before the other players. The condition that allows discarding is either matching the suit or the number of the previously discarded card.
- Each player receives 8 cards.
- The remaining cards are placed in the middle of the table, face down.
- The game begins with the player standing left of the dealer. He must discard 1 card equal to the color or value of the top card of the discard pile.
- If a player discards an 8, this is a wild card and he can choose in which suit to continue playing.
- Continue playing in a circle until 1 player has no cards left. This is the winner!
Special Cards in Crazy Eights
The characteristics of these cards make this game truly exciting.
- 8 – Allows a player to call out a new suit.
- Queen – The next player skips their turn.
- Ace – Reverses the order of play (clockwise to counterclockwise or the other way around).
- 2 – Forces the next player to draw 2 cards. If he responds with a 2, he no longer must draw 2 cards. Instead, the player next to him must now draw 4 cards. This goes on until players run out of 2’s.
- Eights can be put on every suit. They are the perfect last card because they do not have to match the suit of the last card.
- If you have the chance to change the suit, always choose the one you have the most cards of. In this case, play a higher card then stay in the suit.
- If an opponent has used an eight to change the suit and you also have the possibility, do so. This is a sure will to mess up with their head and ruin their plans.
For more helpful tips visit our special blog post dedicated to the crazy 8s card game.
A round concludes when one player has no more cards left. The winner of the round collects the points that remain in his opponent’s hands.
Rounds of the game are played until one of the players reaches 150 points. The winner of the game is the first player to reach 150 points.
The scoring is:
- 8s – 50 points
- Face cards – 10 points
- Ace – 1 point
- The rest of the cards – face value