How to Play Tenzi Dice Game
Are you looking for a fast-paced and exhilarating game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and skill levels? You’ve played so much Yatzy, you’re craving another game with dice, but different? Look no further than Tenzi!
This deceptively simple yet highly competitive dice game has been taking the world by storm, and once you learn the ropes, you’ll find it hard to resist its charm.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about how to play Tenzi, from the basic rules and setup to advanced strategies and exciting variations. Get ready to roll the dice and dive into the world of Tenzi, where a good time is guaranteed for all.
What you need
To play the Tenzi dice game, you’ll need a few things:
- Tenzi Dice Set: The game is typically played with a set of 10 standard six-sided dice per player. You can purchase a dedicated Tenzi dice set that includes 40 dice in 4 different colors (10 dice per color).
- Playing Surface: You can play on any flat surface, such as a table. Make sure it’s large enough to accommodate the number of players and dice.
- Players: The game is designed for 2 to 4 players, but you can easily adapt it for more players by combining multiple sets of dice.
- Space: Make sure you have enough space for everyone to roll their dice simultaneously. Each player will need their own space to roll and arrange their dice.
Tenzi game objective
Players take turns rolling their dice, aiming to achieve as many identical numbers as possible in a single roll. All players roll their dice simultaneously. Upon landing, players designate one number that becomes their focus for subsequent turns.
For instance, if four 5’s appear after a roll, those are set aside, and the player now seeks to roll more 5’s in subsequent turns. Quick thinking is essential, as turns are taken simultaneously, demanding both speed and vigilance to prevent rule infractions.
It’s advisable to appoint someone to monitor turns and ensure fair play throughout the game. From this point onward, players remove their selected numbers each time they roll, and the first person to deplete their dice stock and collect all ten dice in the fewest turns emerges victorious. Don’t forget to keep track of scores using pen and paper.
Tenzi rules and variations
After rolling your dice, note the number of turns required to gather all ten. In the event of a tie, where two players share the same score, an additional round determines the ultimate winner. If you’re yearning to infuse variety into the game, consider alternative modes of play:
- Less Than. Players roll two dice, sum the numbers, then roll again. If the subsequent sum is lower, they wait for their next turn; if higher, they exit the game.
- Split. Instead of aiming for ten of the same number, players must gather five of one number and five of another.
- Equalize. Players roll four dice, sum the values, and then roll the remaining six until they achieve the initial sum.
- Mega Tenzi. Elevate the challenge by combining two game kits, doubling the dice count to twenty for a more extended and formidable gameplay.
- Tenzi Tower. Add flair to the classic game by stacking collected dice into a tower. The first player to complete the stack and exclaim “TENZI” secures victory.
Receive updates and latest news about VIP Games. Simply enter your email below and get notified!
You will only receive quality content.